Saturday, September 28, 2013

Odd Fellows - Past Grand 1950

This is a IOOF Past Grand jewel.  



This one is a Balfour product and belonged to E.F. Whitaker in 1950.  I do not know what state or Lodge.   It is 10K.

 The engraving is done by a 'stamp' meaning that the local jeweler had a set of individual stamps that would be struck into the medal one at a time. 

 Since I am not an Odd Fellow, I'm not sure I really understand the difference between Past Noble Grand, and Past Grand.  I have also seen Jewels labeled Past Grand Master.  All of this is somewhat confusing to me.

This jewel is .75" by 1.5" and weighs 6 grams.  It is 10k gold.
relative amount I paid for this - low
As of 2/9/14 the gold scrap value works out to about $105
However, none of these are for sale.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment