Sunday, September 29, 2013

Knights Templar - Past Commander Jewel - 1904



 This is one of my favorites.  It is a Past Commander Jewel that was owned by a Sir B.F. Crise of Beacon Commandery No. 350 of Ruffsdale Pennsylvania.



 It is an interesting jewel, and hand made, but not an uncommon form.  What is more interesting to me is that I actually have a postcard from this Commandery in 1905 which shows Sir Blair Francis Crise wearing this jewel!

 He is the guy in the middle with the - well - jewel.  They guy to his right looks like a lot of fun though.

 From what I have read, he became Dr. B.F. Crise in 1883, and was a medical examiner.  He was a founding member and 1st commander of this KnightsTemplar group in 1904.



This jewel is 5" by 2" and weighs 26 grams.  It is unknown metal content.
relative amount I paid for this - medium
As of 2/9/14 the gold scrap value works out to about $________
However, none of these are for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment