Sunday, September 29, 2013

Knight Mason - Ireland 1971





Knights Masons - Past Chief Jewel
This one is from a relatively obscure group, the Knights Masons.  It bears maker's marks indicating that it is sterling and was manufactured in 1971 in Dublin.  I am a member of a lodge of Knights Masons, and I am Irish, so I find this one kind of fun.  It came from an estate in Arizona and I am attempting to work out who it belonged to.

The Knights Masons confer a group of degrees sometimes referred to as The Green Degrees of Ireland.  Some of these degrees bear strong similarities to specific York Rite Degrees.


This jewel is 2.75" by 1.5" and weighs 14 grams.  It is sterling and enamel.
relative amount I paid for this - medium
As of 2/9/14 the silver scrap value works out to about $10
However, none of these are for sale.













No comments:

Post a Comment