Sunday, September 29, 2013

Odd Fellows - Fidelity - Sterling 1930s


This is an IOOF or International Order of Odd Fellows Badge.  I am at a loss as to what this badge means or represents.  Based on the construction method I would guess it was made in the 1930's.  It doesn't seem to be an officer's jewel, possibly it was some sort of award.  But then again I am not very familiar with the various appendant IOOF organizations. 


The only text is the word fidelity, but those three rings at the top and how they fit together, make it pretty much undeniably IOOF.  I've scoured the dang old internet and have not found another like it.



This jewel is 2.5" by 1.25" and weighs 8 grams.  It is sterling.
relative amount I paid for this - low
As of 2/9/14 the silver scrap value works out to about $7
However, none of these are for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment